Wednesday, April 20, 2011

CBWR? Chapter 49

Author’s notes –
Glad everyone likes the new site. I really have no skills at such things, so anyone who wants to help, feel free to let me know!

And now…on with the idiocy!

“This shouldn’t take long.”

_______________________________________

Chapter 49:
Bella was looking all over the place and making it obvious she was a tourist. Every time someone was speaking something other than English, which was most everyone, she would jerk her head around and look at them, as if eye contacts might make her understand. She admitted to taking a year of French in high school, but that it wasn’t making any difference. I knew just enough French to understand the gist of what people were saying, but I couldn’t speak it to save my life. Get slapped, yes – save my life, no.

We entered a little drinking establishment within view of the Eiffel Tower, and I had to practically drag Bella inside to stop her from staring at the gigantic structure. I led her other to a table off in the corner and sat down with her and asked her what she would like to drink. She just gave me a funny look and shrugged, so I ordered two glasses of white wine.

“You’re of age here,” I said with a smile. She narrowed her eyes and sniffed at the glass before taking a sip. Her face scrunched up in the more adorable way at the taste. I had to laugh a little.
I drank a big gulp of wine, which was actually pretty good. Well hell, I am in France. The wine ought to be good, right?

“What now?” Bella asked quietly. She had spread her fingers around the stem of her glass, and was tilting her left hand back and forth. The diamond on her finger sparkled in the low level lights.

“Do you like it?” I asked.

“Like what?” Bella glanced up at me.

“The ring.”

“Oh.” She looked down again and began turning her hand around. “It’s very pretty. Did you pick it out?”

I was tempted to say I had, just because she seemed to like it, but I didn’t.

“Jasper did,” I admitted.

She quietly contemplated the rock on her hand for a minute before speaking again.

“So?”

“So what?” I asked.

“What now?”

I had forgotten that question.

“You stay right here at this table,” I told her. “I take care of the last piece of business, and then we go back to the hotel. We’ll head to Germany tomorrow.”

“Germany?”

“There’s a place we can stay there. It’s near Heidelberg.”

“Before all this happened I had never been farther west than Albuquerque,” Bella said.

I wasn’t too sure if she meant that as a good thing or not, so I had no idea how to respond. I looked down at my watch and decided it was probably time to get this show on the road, as they say. I pulled a one-hundred dollar bill from my wallet and a pen from my pocket. I wrote the word “twilight” across the bill.

“What’s that?” Bella questioned.

“My key,” I said with a smile. “Wait here. Don’t move. Don’t talk to anyone, okay?”

“Fine,” she snipped.

“This shouldn’t take long.”

I stood up and crossed to the other side of the room, where a big guy stood next to a closed door. I handed the guy at the door the bill in my hand. He nodded curtly and stepped aside, pushing the door open for me. I went through, and the door closed behind me. I was in a hallway, and at the very end there was an open door. I walked quietly towards it, pulling out both my gun and the silencer at the same time. As I approached, I twisted the silencer onto the end of the gun and listened closely to the conversation inside the small room.

“According to my sources, it was the Hales,” a deep voice proclaimed.

“Why would the Hales go after Aro?” This voice was one I recognized – Eric Yorkie from New York. Go figure. He had moved over to the European operation several years ago. I had met him once or twice regarding arms deals. “They’ve hardly done any business together, and their businesses are only marginally related.”

“If they were going to eliminate anyone, I would think they would go after Cullen’s group. He has the tech market down, and the Hales were always into hi-tech.”

“McCarty’s involvement has been verified,” the third voice said. “I have my guy trailing him, and he is with Hales.”

“Of course he is,” Eric replied. “He’s tight with Rosalie Hale.”

“I doubt she’s all that tight,” the first voice said with a laugh. They all joined in.

It was time for me to make my move.

It would all be over soon, right?
________________________________________________

Chapter end notes:
Sounds like they already know a bit too much, huh?
Sorry for the cliffie…well, not really. I’m evil like that.
More tomorrow.

76 comments:

  1. They do know a little too much! This is not going to go well at all! Hope E and B can get outta there all right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear...this sounds like a bloodbath waiting to happen. Glad this is reposted though I hope that you'll get the FFn decision appealed.
    Edward is in over his head, but we already knew that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :D can't wait for the next update.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gahhhhh! I have a feeling this isn't going to go as easy as they hope for it to!

    I just hope that Bella doesn't have to get involved in any way. I just don't think she could handle much more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes it does sound like they know a bit to much. I just hope they are talking in person, so when Edward kills them all there will be no one who knows. But if Yorkie was on the phone... well shit. I hope Edward doesn't get shot seriously. Cuts and bruises Bella can tend are okay and may even further their relationship. I wonder if he has a change of clothes with him, because when he is finished with his bloodbath, how does he expect to get out unnoticed, especially by the guy he gave the bill to. I hope that guy doesn't decide to use Bella as a pawn till Edward gets back.
    I like the part where Bella plays with her ring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i don't think he is over his head in this one,

    he may be clueless when it comes to social norms and he clearly has no idea how to develop -and keep- interpersonal relationship,

    but i don't think he got to where he is by acting with out thinking.


    it may not be easy, but i believe they will make it.


    thanks for the update shay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. did not sound as if Bella took kindly to being told to stay there and not speak to anyone. you and your cliffies... sigh.. but i do love the story, though i feel Edward is in a bit too deep, with what is about to attempt and emotionally.. Pam B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhhhh Shit!

    Doofus best get his ass in gear and get to killin'!

    ReplyDelete
  9. nothing's gonna happen right ???????????
    y do u have to scare my like that ??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh word travels fast, I think if Emmett heard those comments he would have wanted to do that job personally :)

    Why do I have a feeling that Bella is going to get herself in trouble while waiting for Edward?:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the banner!

    i wonder if bella will ignore edward's order to stay? i see her following him to the room where she actually end up saving him...

    doofus should know better than to think anything could be that easy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Next one's gonna be a nail-biter. What about the big guy out front? Is he part of it, or just a grunt who doesn't know anything? Will Edward have to eliminate him as well?

    BTW, I forgot to mention it last chapter, but I LOVE the banner! Makes me laugh every time I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a feeling Bella will not just sit and wait... I hope she doesn't do anything to complicate things further. Go Edward! I believe in you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Reading the other comments I can see we are thinking along the same lines. This is not going to go well and I also think Bella will not just sit by. I think she will go help Edward as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So are there just two people I wonder. Edward is by himself. And he has left Bella at the table. Granted she is not far away. But she is out of his sight. And what if someone comes in that recognizes her. Unless he gave her a gun, she is unarmed. And yes these people do know too much already. They do not know Edward is involved yet, but that is about to change in 3,2,1...This makes me nervous! lol! Especially since Edward is so sure of himself!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, you are evil like that LOL They do know way too much for my liking and a lot more than they expected. I can't believe this is going to go down in public o_O I mean, it's behind closed doors but still...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the cliffie....I mean the update...

    *holding breath until next chapter*

    ReplyDelete
  18. GAH

    I can't wait to see what happens and where they go from here!

    I liked the nod to Twilight and the way he wants her happy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. They do have a bit more information than we would like. That, hopefully won't make a big difference in how things turn out though.
    Bella has been through so much, thenadd the last 36 hours, it's amazing she hasn't lost it. Lets hope she does what Edward told her and stay put.

    ReplyDelete
  20. O.O please oh please it here tonight! i wont be able to handle not reading it again until after 9 tomorrow night1

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ohhh. Shit.

    Yes.

    They know faaaarrr too much. They mustn't liiive!

    I like those little moments b/w E&B.

    You really are quite the cliffie h00r.
    Waiting w/ bated breath & olive that. ;P

    TY!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Savage! sometimes you are just plain cruel,and genius! Great chapter, can't wait for the next..hopefully soon....update.

    ReplyDelete
  23. sure, they know to much. but they don't know about him being involved.

    this should be easy...

    i wonder if Bella stayed where she was told.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Twlight is the key :).. Hope this goes smooth so E & B cant work their stuff out.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Trouble is on the horizon...I just hope that B likes being married to E. She is so good for him and he could be so good to her too. I have a feeling that B will be taken again though.

    ReplyDelete
  26. God, this is torture!!!! Hope they are all alright. Who could possibly be alive and talkingz. Still think Edward might be CIA or FBI undercover.

    Savage it took me a long time to find this. Maybe youncould link it on your other blog more prominently???? Js.

    ReplyDelete
  27. They do know too much.
    I like that fact that Edward wanted to actually talk with Bella, even for just a minute or two.
    I'm excited for the next chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  28. O.o..... who's trailing Emmett? ... what is Bella feeling?! *gasps*... TY Savage!! Great job!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  29. Let's hope they don't know enough to realize that Edward's after them...

    I really liked the reference to cannon, when Bella said that she hadn't been further than Albuquerque before all this happened...

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh boy, Edward going in alone guns blazing. This should be fun...Thanks for the update.

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  31. ohhhhh i dont know about this .... i know shit and i know jam - this aint jam! xxxx

    oh please update soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I do not see this going so well. Paris struck Bella is not going to keept her ass in that seat. She is not in a good situation right now and no matter how fucked up it has become, this is not the time to be playing around. I think Edward has his hands full. Shit I hate cliffies lol

    ReplyDelete
  33. Dun Dun Dunnnnn.
    She is not going to be sitting quietly in the chair waiting for him...Bella is very stubborn for his own good.
    I just hope that both come out of that place without being hurt.
    See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Well, I hope they don't know so much that they know Edward is outside the door! I hope he's right for once...

    ReplyDelete
  35. I like how you take a moment to show Bella's nervousness to be in a foreign country and her interest in seeing Paris. "It would all be over soon, right?" sounds like something may go wrong. Edward seems very composed and efficient, hope I am wrong about the cliffie.

    ReplyDelete
  36. That was an excellent cliffie!!!! Well done!!

    Keye

    ReplyDelete
  37. Well that doesn't seem good.

    ReplyDelete
  38. well crap. they know a loy more than they thought! so much for moving fast!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I'm a bit scared now... and I wonder if Bella will really wait for him! Thanks for the update ;)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hmmm - TWILIGHT is his key huh?!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I absolutely LOVE this story. I am so glad it has a home here as FF.net has a tendency to go wonky for days at a time. Anyhoo, I think Bella is going to get antsy waiting for Edward and figure something went wrong and have to go save his ass. They could be so good for each other if it wasn't for the fucked up way that they met. Can't wait for the update. The suspense is going to KILL me!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Shouldn't Edward text Emmett to let him know he's being followed? And why didn't he leave Bella at the hotel. If Edward gets into trouble, I hope Bella has some way of making the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oh dear...our band of rogues haven't been as stealth as they think...

    ReplyDelete
  44. Freakin' cliffies are empowering for the author and hell for the reader! ;D lol

    Hmmmm, guess it's good he's calling them rather than being on com silence, eh?

    Thansk!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I am scared. I need Edward to hold me.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Dropping a quick comment so I can click "newer post"!! Yippeeee

    ReplyDelete
  47. hope e is prepared. they seem to know more
    tff000

    ReplyDelete
  48. Password is nipple, I mean Twilight, haha I can't wait for the next update

    ReplyDelete
  49. Great chapter!!! Can't wait for him to take them all dooown!!!

    ReplyDelete
  50. hmmm they definitely know too much! i do hope it's gonna be as easy as edward says otherwise please don't let him get wasted! i mean he has no backup! anyways i'm never gonna know if i don't keep reading!lol! btw i wondered if bella may have been a little disappointed that edward didn't choose the ring.

    ReplyDelete
  51. this isn't going to go well....but i have been wrong before...

    ReplyDelete
  52. Hmmm - TWILIGHT is his key huh?!

    ReplyDelete
  53. That was an excellent cliffie!!!! Well done!!

    Keye

    ReplyDelete
  54. Dun Dun Dunnnnn.
    She is not going to be sitting quietly in the chair waiting for him...Bella is very stubborn for his own good.
    I just hope that both come out of that place without being hurt.
    See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Oh boy, Edward going in alone guns blazing. This should be fun...Thanks for the update.

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  56. They do know too much.
    I like that fact that Edward wanted to actually talk with Bella, even for just a minute or two.
    I'm excited for the next chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Twlight is the key :).. Hope this goes smooth so E & B cant work their stuff out.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Reading the other comments I can see we are thinking along the same lines. This is not going to go well and I also think Bella will not just sit by. I think she will go help Edward as well.

    ReplyDelete
  59. love the banner!

    i wonder if bella will ignore edward's order to stay? i see her following him to the room where she actually end up saving him...

    doofus should know better than to think anything could be that easy!

    ReplyDelete
  60. did not sound as if Bella took kindly to being told to stay there and not speak to anyone. you and your cliffies... sigh.. but i do love the story, though i feel Edward is in a bit too deep, with what is about to attempt and emotionally.. Pam B.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Yes it does sound like they know a bit to much. I just hope they are talking in person, so when Edward kills them all there will be no one who knows. But if Yorkie was on the phone... well shit. I hope Edward doesn't get shot seriously. Cuts and bruises Bella can tend are okay and may even further their relationship. I wonder if he has a change of clothes with him, because when he is finished with his bloodbath, how does he expect to get out unnoticed, especially by the guy he gave the bill to. I hope that guy doesn't decide to use Bella as a pawn till Edward gets back.
    I like the part where Bella plays with her ring.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Oh dear...this sounds like a bloodbath waiting to happen. Glad this is reposted though I hope that you'll get the FFn decision appealed.
    Edward is in over his head, but we already knew that.

    ReplyDelete
  63. I don't get the "I had never been farther west than Albuquerque" line, Europe is east of the US...

    ReplyDelete
  64.  so i wonder..........did #DoucheWard leav bells any weapons for "bonus" this tyme cuz dese guys are much more informed than they'd expected!!!!! i hav a feelin dat sum shits about 2 pop off here.....hmphhhhhhh. I'm scared for my #DoucheWard*yikesssssssss*

    ReplyDelete
  65. Time for some killing?

    ReplyDelete
  66. Eeek! Why would Edward want to go at this all alone? 

    ReplyDelete
  67. Well fuck!! It's all a bit blase isn't it lol x almost civilised except for all the murder and carnage!!! I have a feeling they are waiting for him!!

    ReplyDelete
  68. Never farther west than albueque  I thought she was abducted in seattle?

    ReplyDelete
  69. So good!! You weave an incredible plot.

    ReplyDelete
  70. ah,New Moon.i think it should be east though.after all,Europe is east of the US,right?glad i came to know of this site.i was wondering where the story had gone.i had it on alert.

    ReplyDelete
  71. My cousin suggested this blog and she was totally correct keep up the

    wonderful function.
    Nickolas Streicher
    Free sms

    ReplyDelete
  72. Yes your evil... Good thing I can move on to the next.

    So he has someone trailing emmmet shit!

    ReplyDelete
  73. What if Bella takes off while he's on his ramage? Does Bella have a weapon so she can go in and save him if necssary?

    ReplyDelete